Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New layout of main site
Nightwing
Lil'cosplay fan

[*] posted on 19-2-2011 at 02:58 AM
New layout of main site

Hi all

First off i gotta say sorry, this is going to be my second "something is missing on main site" post, and considering it's just my 9th post at all, i may start to look like a grumpy a$$hole...

Nevertheless i wanna encourage a discussion about the new layout of the main site.

Generally i like the new layout better than the old one, but i don't get why the video section disappeared.

Cosplay Erotica had videos that (at least to me) didn't really belong to any CE-set, and it seems they were now (forcefully) merged with sets that had no videos so far.

Personally i find it a bit confusing when the headline says: "Angela cosplaying Agent Wong" but the video links to Tina.

Also does this mean there won't be a video of Nayma as Faith (i was looking forward for that :() since the video is now linked to Cassie ? Same goes for Gogo as Misato...

What does everyone else think ? Can a video be considered a part of a CE-set even if the model is a diffrent one ?

Well, and then there is the promised "missing video" of Analia as Poison Ivy. There is just a Studio Cosplay set for Ivy but it had a video too, which i'm not able to find anymore...

So my conclusion in this matter is: good job on the new layout (the site sure looks arranged more clearly now), but please bring back the video section (or at least a "stand alone videos" section) and don't put videos into CE-sets where they dont really belong.

Jade
CosplayErotica Fan

[*] posted on 19-2-2011 at 05:50 AM

Well, I think its more organized now, at least for me. One click on gallery, and I can see if the SC uploaded yet, theres a vid or not, I can preview the vid from there, etc, etc. In the old times, I needed to go to the videos section (which was quite a long messed up page), search for the vid I want to preview, and stream it from there, meh.

About the vids: well, it says above the video: "Available Video for this cosplay:" instead of "video with this model blablah" so it wasn't confused me. Also, the majority of the CE series have vids with the same girl who cosplayin' on the pics, I think where the girls are diff, it must be due technical/model-shedule problems, etc.

About the Anali Posion Ivy vid: yeah, good question, as it doesn't belongs to anywhere lawl:)

I think if a lot of us wants back the separated vid page, Angela will put it back, let's vote hehe:)

_ _
| | | |
| | __ _ __| | ___
_ | |/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \
| |__| | (_| | (_| | __/
\____/ \__,_|\__,_|\___|
LokiSuki13
Lil'cosplay fan

[*] posted on 19-2-2011 at 06:10 AM

However I can/understand see Nightwing's point, for the cosplay-o-holic point of view (that's me), I don't really care if Nayma playing Faith on the pics, and Cassie playing Faith on the vid, as long as they are somewhat similar (both girls are medium boobs, nice face, etc.) It would be ridiculous with a "Nayma on pics, Lana on vid" setup, I agree, hopefully it'll never happen:) Same goes for the Ada thing: Angela/Tina, both girl have long legs, etc. Also as Jade said: about 90% of the setups have same girl on pics/same girl on vid, the rest of it very minor (maybe just these two series?)

I'm more into the costumes/characters - but we are diff, if someone is a Nayma fan, it can be somewhat disappointing to see Cassie on the video, oh well:)

Suggestion for Angela about the vids that won't fit to anywhere (like the Ivy one): put them into the the bonus section, prob. solved:)

Also, the new archive page rocks, as I can see the number of pics, vid available or not, etc, love it.

Maybe a filter/search would be good, for instance: "list all the videos with Nayma"... something like that.

ps: hey, I have only eight post too!!! rofl
Eurynomos
CosplayErotica Fan

Mood: wut?

[*] posted on 19-2-2011 at 10:33 PM

i think that first they must put the character,then the model,and the pics and videos at last.
JaguarGod
Lil'cosplay fan

[*] posted on 20-2-2011 at 05:41 AM

I think they would shy away from using the charaters name due to copyright laws. But also like and dislike the all in one directory. Great, just not 100% accurate.
MeaLee

Mood: Zen

[*] posted on 20-2-2011 at 10:59 AM

O well, we are still searching for the perfect solution about how to integrate CE+SC+vids for easy navigation.

I'm also "like/dislike" the actual method, however it's much better than the loooooooong crowded video-list from the previous version.
McO
CosplayErotica Fan

[*] posted on 23-2-2011 at 10:00 AM

I'm also a little confused having a serie with a model saying she cosplays a character and finding a visdeo with a completely other model. I think it should be named or mentioned some way...

Go To Top