CosplayErotica Community Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cosplay Street Fighter Game
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 24-9-2011 at 02:55 PM
Cosplay Street Fighter Game


Hi guys,

I do Flash/Unity development (AS3/C#/C++/etc) for web and mobile games primarily for game firms and advertising campaigns. Anyway, I developed a Street Fighter flash game playable from the browser for a gag our CFO was doing for a Christmas party. (It basically included out employees as different characters for the game)

If CE was interested, I could repurpose it with CE characters. It would require some work determining the shot list for your photographer to get the "sprite sheet" (individual frames of the actions). Most likely, this would simply be done like we did it here using a video of each move and pulling 4-5 of the connecting frames from it.

Moreover, I think it would be fun to have each character with two versions: fully dressed, and pots torn clothes. Part of the goal being to rip off the other character's clothes in the course of the battle. Another fun change would be having all throws be lesbian engagements of various varieties.

Let me know if this would be something you'd be interested in.
View user's profile View All Posts By User
francoG
CosplayErotica Fan
***




Posts: 142
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 24-9-2011 at 03:56 PM


jeez, this i WANT! epic lesb fight with Mea versus Marylin omg:) Very nice idea m8
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 25-9-2011 at 04:00 PM


I had a chance to look at my old SF game engine and noticed a few changes I'd want to make with this variation of the game in mind. The two biggest being a basic AI (the original was 2 player shared screen only) and rewind/replay (with other video player controls).

I also looked around for other projects of this type online. Curiously, I haven't yet found one. There are plenty of Street Fighter offshoots and plenty of erotic Flash games -- but I haven't found an erotic Street Fighter Flash game that displays full nudity or has any erotic engagement between the characters. If anyone has some good Google Fu, see if there's anything out there that meets that criteria that I missed. 
View user's profile View All Posts By User
Jade
CosplayErotica Fan
***


Avatar


Posts: 194
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 25-9-2011 at 06:08 PM


Hey, welcome in the forums!

I don't want to spoil the fun guys, but I'm afraid there is a reason why there is no StreetFighter-clones (offshots) on the net.
The reason is simple: copyright/trademark. While cosplay is somewhat "okay" (as You can not really copyright clothes/cloth pieces/patterns/colors, and also parody is an important part of democracy/free speech), the clone or a version of a game would be problematic (because you *can* copyright characters, their names, also a full game, scenes, etc. etc.)

Example: if Mea wearing a "Chun Li lookalike" costume, it's okay, because she is not really the game character, but a real person, (nothing to do with the game industry really) who shows similarities to a copyrighted game character. But if you make a virtual Mea, in Chun Li clothes, and put her into a fighting (!!!) game - well, the problem starts:-(

However I am no lawyer, so just my 2 cents. Too bad, because I think the idea is awesome, would be epic to play with Mea versus Angela in a game:-S

On the other side: some kind of game, where you can interact or play with the CE girls (an RPG with fantasy costumes mabye?) would be just as epic, and also it can be done legally.




_ _
| | | |
| | __ _ __| | ___
_ | |/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \
| |__| | (_| | (_| | __/
\____/ \__,_|\__,_|\___|
View user's profile View All Posts By User
horsewithnoname
Lil'cosplay fan
**


Avatar


Posts: 30
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 25-9-2011 at 06:14 PM


hmm, and what about a fighting game with CE girls in fictional (not SF or MK) costumes? I think they can easily make some kind of anime-stlye costume for the game
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 25-9-2011 at 08:01 PM


I probably didn't articulate my idea as on that front. I had always imagined the game would have all the mechanics and gameplay of a Street Fighter game, but with no artwork or likeness of any kind with the original game. 

In fact, my preference would be original costume design and characters altogether. While I enjoy the work of CE to reproducing the likeness of the theme/characters they are shooting for, it is actually secondary for me to the enjoyment of the direction of photography, original costume design, and the models themselves. Put another way, I think CE could come up with original costumes and characters that would be just as exciting if not more so. 
View user's profile View All Posts By User
horsewithnoname
Lil'cosplay fan
**


Avatar


Posts: 30
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 26-9-2011 at 05:05 PM


Quote: Originally posted by MediaBill  
I probably didn't articulate my idea as on that front. I had always imagined the game would have all the mechanics and gameplay of a Street Fighter game, but with no artwork or likeness of any kind with the original game. 

In fact, my preference would be original costume design and characters altogether. While I enjoy the work of CE to reproducing the likeness of the theme/characters they are shooting for, it is actually secondary for me to the enjoyment of the direction of photography, original costume design, and the models themselves. Put another way, I think CE could come up with original costumes and characters that would be just as exciting if not more so. 


makes perfect sense.. did you write to Angela or some1 in the CE staff about it? I can't wait to play with it lol
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 26-9-2011 at 06:54 PM


Quote: Originally posted by horsewithnoname  


makes perfect sense.. did you write to Angela or some1 in the CE staff about it? I can't wait to play with it lol


Not yet. I figured if they had more immediate interest they might respond in this thread. In the mean time, I would do a little more research on comparable engines out there before approaching via directly emailing. If I'm CE, I wouldn't consider this a typical request. The shoot for this game would require a slightly different focus. I'd want to feel confident it would drive traffic and thus memberships.

Ironically, I think this might be bigger than I first suspected. I did find a number of games using some combination of female engagement as erotic entertainment, but they were typically of lower quality on the game engineering, with pretty much no serious SF/MK contenders. The closest would be Bikini Karate Babes 2 (YouTube it), but it is mainly about the bikini combat than anything else.
View user's profile View All Posts By User
AngelaG
Official CE Girl
********


Avatar


Posts: 138
Registered: 30-5-2010
Location: Panama
Member Is Offline

Mood: Latex mood:)

[*] posted on 26-9-2011 at 08:06 PM


Very nice idea indeed! I also love all kind of erotic games (there aren't too many), mainly the jap market have some interesting pieces (like the infamous "Kana" which is my fav. of all time), but there are some western ones, like the 3dSexVilla series and such. About figthing erotic games: there are very few of them really.





Angela G - CosplayErotica model/moderator/artist
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User
babfeco
CosplayErotica Fan
***


Avatar


Posts: 111
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 26-9-2011 at 08:08 PM


Quote: Originally posted by MediaBill  
Quote: Originally posted by horsewithnoname  


makes perfect sense.. did you write to Angela or some1 in the CE staff about it? I can't wait to play with it lol


Not yet. I figured if they had more immediate interest they might respond in this thread. In the mean time, I would do a little more research on comparable engines out there before approaching via directly emailing. If I'm CE, I wouldn't consider this a typical request. The shoot for this game would require a slightly different focus. I'd want to feel confident it would drive traffic and thus memberships.

Ironically, I think this might be bigger than I first suspected. I did find a number of games using some combination of female engagement as erotic entertainment, but they were typically of lower quality on the game engineering, with pretty much no serious SF/MK contenders. The closest would be Bikini Karate Babes 2 (YouTube it), but it is mainly about the bikini combat than anything else.



I'd say, let's grab the Ogre engine (it's free), or Infinity engine, put some Mea/Lana textures on 3d models, and lets rock!:)




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
dude: "What is it?"
Rambo: "It's a red lamp"
dude: "And what's it for?"
Rambo: "Doin' red light..."
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 12:54 AM


Quote: Originally posted by AngelaG  
Very nice idea indeed! I also love all kind of erotic games (there aren't too many), mainly the jap market have some interesting pieces (like the infamous "Kana" which is my fav. of all time), but there are some western ones, like the 3dSexVilla series and such. About figthing erotic games: there are very few of them really.



Thanks, Angela. If you think CE would be interested, email me at the address I used for registration at this forum. I'd be happy to preview the game engine and talk some particulars on how I think this could work.

View user's profile View All Posts By User
AngelaG
Official CE Girl
********


Avatar


Posts: 138
Registered: 30-5-2010
Location: Panama
Member Is Offline

Mood: Latex mood:)

[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 12:59 AM


Quote: Originally posted by MediaBill  
Quote: Originally posted by AngelaG  
Very nice idea indeed! I also love all kind of erotic games (there aren't too many), mainly the jap market have some interesting pieces (like the infamous "Kana" which is my fav. of all time), but there are some western ones, like the 3dSexVilla series and such. About figthing erotic games: there are very few of them really.



Thanks, Angela. If you think CE would be interested, email me at the address I used for registration at this forum. I'd be happy to preview the game engine and talk some particulars on how I think this could work.



Will do - however it's all up to our producers, I'm just a lil'girl here, moderating the forum:)
awww, I'm always wanted to be in the game development industry when I was a kid (sniff)... (bringing up her memories)




Angela G - CosplayErotica model/moderator/artist
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User
MeaLee
Moderator
******


Avatar


Posts: 152
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline

Mood: Zen

[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 01:15 AM


nice topic! If you want to know about erotic games, just call the expert (means myself haha!) Beware!!! Geek-mea wall'o'text coming!

Background info for Bill in case he wants to study the adult-gaming biz:

- there are suprisingly lot of erotic games, they just don't get the amount of advertising/marketing like "normal" games does. The three main adult game producers (western) are http://www.somavision.com/ and http://www.stripkittens.com/ (MW Inc.) and the biggest of all: http://www.thrixxx.com/ (they did the famous sexvilla series). And don't forget Bonetown which is just pure epic:-)

- even more erotic games in the eastern side (Jap), just too much to list: Artificial Girl (http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Girl_3) which is the best adult game in the world imho (also best graphics and models), the famous and internet-cult Polygon Love 2, and also all the Illusion Games (Illusion is a very big jap-company, making erotic games only). Also there are few million anime-style date-sims and ecchi-games out there.

- and there are the online erotic games, too much to list, better to check out http://www.mmovsg.net/ for a list:) Western+Jap as well.

Figthing Games: BK-babes was a pure crap (haha), besides that I remember to see some kind of erotic Tekken ripoff on the jap-market, and then there is Iluigi ( http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/erotic-fighting-game-2/22229... ) but it's very sof erotic, mostly just Oppai (there are no Ecchi fighting games as far as I know)

About CE games: fighting game is nice, I'd also love a dating sim (as it's easier to make I think).

>>>>awww, I'm always wanted to be in the game development industry when I was a kid (sniff)... (bringing up her memories)

You sentimental You!!!! haha

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User
hoolio333
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 30
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 01:36 AM


Mea you soo geek, sometimes you scaring me :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MeaLee
Moderator
******


Avatar


Posts: 152
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline

Mood: Zen

[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 02:14 AM


(evil scary geeklaugh: muhahahah)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User
Eurynomos
CosplayErotica Fan
***




Posts: 495
Registered: 26-8-2010
Location: Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: wut?

[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 02:17 AM


Mealee is the best for the info about fighting games,i think i'll made a good couple with her someday
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 02:52 AM


Quote: Originally posted by babfeco  
I'd say, let's grab the Ogre engine (it's free), or Infinity engine, put some Mea/Lana textures on 3d models, and lets rock!:)


LOL -- actually, what you are describing would be a bit more difficult. Even with a premade 3D engine, rigging and texturing models for games is actually quite a task (assuming you are aiming for accurate depiction).

Though for what it is worth, I do have a lot of experience in both 2D and 3D commercial game development. I was just thinking of this project as a much smaller scope commitment.
View user's profile View All Posts By User
MediaBill
Lil'cosplay fan
**




Posts: 8
Registered: 23-9-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 03:03 AM


Quote: Originally posted by MeaLee  
nice topic! If you want to know about erotic games, just call the expert (means myself haha!) Beware!!! Geek-mea wall'o'text coming!

Background info for Bill in case he wants to study the adult-gaming biz:

- there are suprisingly lot of erotic games, they just don't get the amount of advertising/marketing like "normal" games does. The three main adult game producers (western) are http://www.somavision.com/ and http://www.stripkittens.com/ (MW Inc.) and the biggest of all: http://www.thrixxx.com/ (they did the famous sexvilla series). And don't forget Bonetown which is just pure epic:-)

- even more erotic games in the eastern side (Jap), just too much to list: Artificial Girl (http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Girl_3) which is the best adult game in the world imho (also best graphics and models), the famous and internet-cult Polygon Love 2, and also all the Illusion Games (Illusion is a very big jap-company, making erotic games only). Also there are few million anime-style date-sims and ecchi-games out there.

- and there are the online erotic games, too much to list, better to check out http://www.mmovsg.net/ for a list:) Western+Jap as well.

Figthing Games: BK-babes was a pure crap (haha), besides that I remember to see some kind of erotic Tekken ripoff on the jap-market, and then there is Iluigi ( http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/erotic-fighting-game-2/22229... ) but it's very sof erotic, mostly just Oppai (there are no Ecchi fighting games as far as I know)

About CE games: fighting game is nice, I'd also love a dating sim (as it's easier to make I think).

>>>>awww, I'm always wanted to be in the game development industry when I was a kid (sniff)... (bringing up her memories)

You sentimental You!!!! haha



Fantastic research material, MeaLee.

While I'll concede I was focusing mainly on SF/MK-type fighters combined with erotic female engagement, it is useful to see what business models are working and gaining traction in the adult gaming market.

Regarding dating sims, you are completely right -- the ones I've come across could be written by a level 1 junior Flash dev. I could make one for CE in my sleep... and by sleep, I mean a power nap! he he he
View user's profile View All Posts By User
yukka
CosplayErotica Fan
***


Avatar


Posts: 107
Registered: 30-5-2010
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 27-9-2011 at 12:17 PM


Mea, please marry me:)
View user's profile View All Posts By User

  Go To Top

Powered by XMB (Debug Mode)
XMB Forum Software © 2001-2009 The XMB Group